Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm Not Dead Yet!

Yes, I'm still here....tired and frazzled, but I'm still here!


School has been going good. We have been really hitting the books hard and the boys are picking it up so quickly! Jim just started the last leg of his medic class.....here we go again! I've been trying really hard to get the boys cooking at least once a week. A couple of weeks ago they made french bread...not perfectly shaped, but they tasted sooo good! Yesterday, Riley and I made chocolate chip banana bread. He loves to help in the kitchen! Here's the recipe that I used:




Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar (I used less, but do whatever you like)
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add bananas. Once the bananas get mushed up, add the eggs. Sift baking powder and soda with the flour and mix into the banana mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake for 35-45 min......try to keep the kids away from it for more then 2 seconds (I went up to take a shower and came back down to only 1/2 of a loaf left out of 2 loaves!)



I am also starting my first sweater. It's a pattern that I got off of Ravelry called the February Lady Sweater. It's top down Raglan cardigan with 3 big buttons at the top and a lacy pattern for the body and most of the sleeves. It is too cute on the picture...hoping for the same results!

No comments: