Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tackling the Green Monster

If you look around healthy food sites, you'll see a ton of green smoothies....all proclaiming that "You can't even taste the spinach!"....Ok, Popeye (rolling eyes)


With my knees all going to heck (finally went to the old doc, now on meds and P.T.), trying to lose weight, and improving my general health...I decided to bite the bullet...or the monster....


The Big Green Monster!!!!!

Here's the specs:


1 banana
couple fresh strawberries
handful of frozen pineapple
2 spoonfuls of plain yogurt
1/4 cup Almond Milk 
a squirt of honey (probably didn't really need this with the fruit)
and...
A Big Old Handful of Spinach...oh yes I did!!!


Honestly, it wasn't bad!  No, take that back....it was Good!!!  I am not a huge fan of spinach, childhood issues probably, and I couldn't taste it AT ALL!  Who Knew?!?

These will be on the menu for the month...I'm hoping for big things...well, smaller things actually ;)


(yes, I know that it looks like a almond breeze commercial....sorry, it's early....but, in my opinion, that brand tastes the best!!!)

4 comments:

Courtney Walsh said...

hmmm....I might have to try this one!!! I've been looking for a healthy smoothie!!

Lori said...

Thanks but I think I'll pass on this one. Right next to the fish tacos. :)

Michelle said...

I love spinach, and this looks wonderful. I love everything in it!

Mary said...

Those look so good. And dessert like in my little mind. I will have to wait a few months til I'm done taking coumadin. I take that 3 months after the hip replacement, I believe. Got home Friday and all is new to me. I think it is the codeine causing memory loss.

mary