Thursday, May 30, 2013

Exhausted and Not Much To Say...

Trying to recover from our trip back north....life doesn't stop just because the mama's exhausted...no matter how hard I try lol.

This guy turned 13 while we were in IL.  13.  I have no words.  I could just cry, not because I'm sad that he's growing up...well maybe, but  13!!!  I remember 13!  There's no way that we can have a 13 yr old son.   I want to somehow slow these moments down...but it just slips through my fingers like sand.

When we got back, Jim had the genius idea of hiking up to the cliff dwellings (a 3 hr drive!!!  plus the hike to the dwellings..which I'm sure are amazing, but my butt had spent the last 2 days in a car.....)    So after some mature discussion (aka loving loudly...not arguing), we decided to take the short trip to Elephant Butte :)


Poor guy, he's so white that he Glows!

My Three Stooges...

Just soaking in the moments...Jim's back gone on business, Jamie sliced his finger open the day after this picture (7 stitches and a major excuse to get out of dishes for 2 weeks)....sigh....our new normal!
Well, dishes and laundry are calling and every time I walk into the kitchen I remember that I need to desperately mop the whole dang house.....a mother's work is never done....

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I know how you feel! How are we old enough to have teenagers?!?