Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just Keep Baking And It Will Be All Right!

Here's a little shot of what I've been up to this week:

Muffins....lots and lots of muffins (raspberry and blueberry..just plain blueberry..just plain, plain muffins!)
Homemade meatballs with fresh garlic bread sticks from Coconut Lime..delicious!!!!
I also made my first popover pancake...no photo, but ooh was it good!
This morning we made peanut butter granola bars for breakfast...again..kids gobbled them up before I thought of a picture!!!
So here's my favorite thing that I made this week (can you tell I'm loving my new mixer!?!?!?!?!):

Brioche Rolls with Lemon Curd, Strawberries and Blueberries


I fudged a couple of recipes because I knew if there were more...we'd eat them:)

1/2 c milk
1/8 c sugar
2 eggs, room temp
2 1/2 - 2 3/4 c flour
1 packet instant yeast
pinch of salt
3/4 c butter, room temp


1. Heat milk in microwave for about 30 seconds.

2. In mixer, combine milk and sugar. Add yeast and salt. Add 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup at a time.

3. Switch to dough hooks (or knead by hand on floured surface). On low speed add flour until dough forms (will be pretty sticky).

4. Put paddle back on mixer. Add butter in 2 Tbs increments, fully mixing between each addition.

5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (I am impatient so I let it sit out for 1 hour and then put it in the fridge for an hour...turned out fine for us!)

6. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, form dough into "canoe" shaped rolls. I did 5, but they got SO big in the oven that I would have been better off with 10! Place 1-2 spoonfuls of lemon curd into the dough. Add strawberries, blueberries..whatever you want! Let the dough rest for 45min. (again, I am super impatient so I did about 30min. and popped them into the oven, not preheated!)

7. Bake 350 for about 25-30 min (if you make them smaller, the time will be around 15-20)....until they are golden brown. Let cool if you can!!! (I refrigerated the leftover one...kind of hard this morning, but was great after 45 sec. in the microwave!!!)

Corey LOVED them!!!! He wolfed down that whole thing! And yes it's 3:30 in the afternoon and he STILL has his super man pj's on...he'd changed at least 4 times by then, but kept putting these back on!

No comments: