Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Combustion

So...tonight I combusted. If it were possible, right now I'd be a pile of ashes on the floor!

We have been waiting for what seems like forever to crest this mountain. We are so close that I can taste it! Jim's done with school, needs to take his exam, but...done with school none the less. To me that means let's start looking at fire departments, the testing process takes forever soooo let's get moving! I've spent countless hours googling departments testing this summer and fall. I've bookmarked them, map quested them, researched their towns...seriously, I've invested a LOT of time into this!

Fast forward to after dinner tonight. Thought I'd show Jim what I've come up with (he has been really busy, so he knows that I've been searching but not what I've found). This is where it went down hill- he didn't seem all that interested or at least not as obsessed as I have been...sooo I kind of sort of lost it, hence the pile of smoldering ashes!

I'm not a patient person. I don't like waiting. I see our future right befor us and I just want reach out and GRAB it! I want to shuck this old sucky season and start our new adventure!

Jim on the other hand, likes to take his time, not rush into things...keep a level head.

He likes to dip his toe in the water first, get aclimated to it and then, slowly go in. Me, I dive in head first no matter how cold the water.

1 Peter 3:8-9

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like one day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I know these verses are about Jesus returning, but it hit me. God knows where we need to be, his timing is perfect, and thank you God that you are SO patient with me!

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to try to dip my toe in, waiting patiently for God to give the go ahead!

No comments: