Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Strawberry Muffins

For dad's birthday party I had made a Strawberry Shortcake Cake from The Pioneer Woman. Her site is AWESOME....unfortunately, my cake abilities weren't for this cake!!! I was so disgusted with the whole thing that I didn't take any pictures....BUT....it tasted amazing!!!! Very soon I'll try tackling this one again...it was THAT good....and then I'll post the pictures!!!

So, what do you do with leftover mushed up strawberries and some cream cheese frosting? Make muffins!
I didn't really have the foresight to actually take pictures before I made the batter....I know....sorry...but it was 11 and the kids were starving!!

Strawberry Muffins:

1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup strawberries (use frozen, microwave until soft and smoosh away!)
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsps Vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour (I used cake flour, but really all purpose would be fine)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

1. Mix the wet ingredients together. Sift the dry ingredients onto a piece of wax paper and then add to the wet mixture. (got this tip off of the PW site...ingenious!!!) Mix just until combined...do not over mix muffin batter!

2. Grease muffin tin. I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to fill the tin...had a bit leftover so I just fudged it and add the rest evenly :)

3. Bake 350 for about 20-25 min.

4. These would be perfect without the frosting...but if you have some laying around, microwave a small dish of cream cheese frosting for about 35 seconds (until it is smooth like a glaze). Then just top each muffin with about 1/4 tsp and frost the tops.

The boys seriously ate through the whole thing! (so glad that I had grabbed one before the frosting to see if they were edible!)

No comments: