Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Fluff

Last weekend we were invited to an Easter egg hunt at our friend's house....of course, the weather was complete garbage...hello, it's late April...Enough with the Snow!!!!!


The boys were pretty excited by the whole thing....well....2 were....the other one, who will remain nameless, was "too big" for it.   sigh....


I've had my eye on these marshmallow catapults for quite some time....and what a perfect little thing to share at an egg hunt!


Jim was such a trooper.....he worked all day , fixed my broken washing machine and at 9 pm he still went out and cut all of these little pieces of wood!!!  (love you babe for putting up with my hairbrained ideas!)
IMG01924.jpg
Paint everything up...I used the clothes pins as a holder for the popsicle sticks while painting them....I also painted the bottle caps white because I'm a matchy matchy freak ;)   Now, I don't know how you feel about your kids eating something that had been on acrylic paint (cause who are we kidding, you know those marshmallows will get eaten)....but I figured it's no worse than eating them off the ground!

IMG01925.jpg
Take apart the clothes pins and paint away...and be prepared for sore fingers after prying them back together!  Anyone have an easy trick for that?!?

IMG01927.jpg
E600 glue is your friend...pretty easy to figure this part out...glue clothes pin...let dry...glue popsicle stick...let dry..and then the bottle cap...let dry....beat kids off with a stick until things are super dry (like the next day!!!).

IMG01929.jpg
Of course, I couldn't let well enough alone and had to embelish a bit!   Painted the eggs and wrote Happy Easter on the sides.   I think they turned out pretty cool.   My boys couldn't care less about the decorations.   They shoot pretty far considering what they're made out of....everyone liked them at the party...especially the Dads!


We found a new hideout for our "after church" spot.....Amigos in downtown Freeport.   Yum!

IMG01930.jpg
These are my leftover sopas.   Seriously, I got 3 meals from them!!!!  It was so nice to eat fresh food...great pico de gallo, homemade sopas...totally family run.  If you're in the area, give them a try!!!!


Here's my new obsession:  Paper Lilies! (her's are much cuter, but these were just playing around with what I had on hand)
IMG01931.jpg

I'm really liking the white one with the colored inside (just folded the paper with the color side in). I really don't know what I'm going to do with these.   An arrangement would be cute...or maybe some sort of garland-swag thing....I don't know!   Any ideas?
IMG01932.jpg

So, there ya have it...nothing much, but still fun.   The weather is still total junk...haven't seen a good sunshine moment in days!!!!   My vit. D levels are in the basement!!!!!   Oh well, maybe next week we'll see Mr. Sun......

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Those lillies will last a lot longer that the real ones. :D My mouth is watering for that Mexican food! Oh, how I long for some good old Tex-Mex. Preferably home in Texas!But I'd eat there with ya!

Anonymous said...

Marshmallow catapults? LOVE that idea! And they turned out super cute, too!

Mom on the Verge said...

I LOVE those flowers! I'd make them, but I'm so craft-impaired that I can't figure out what I would do with them...