Thursday, November 10, 2011

Random Thursday

Not much going on here lately---food, working out, prepping more food...schooling of course....blah, blah, blah!


Last weekend my cousin had a baby shower.   Her little peanut was born a couple of weeks ago and he's adorable!!!  Made my womb hurt...put that in there just for you Amy!!!  The cheeks on that little guy were amazing :)  I'd be doing nothing but kiss on him all day long.....


I found this pattern on pinterest a couple days before the shower....hadn't picked up yarn in ages and ended up having to get up at 5 am to finish this guy in time for the party....but I think he was a success!   The pattern was easy to understand and googling "magic loop" for crochet in the round was life changing...
Lets see, other than that and a crazy fun week night trip to Madison to hit up Trader Joe's and Whole Foods...not much else going on....


Oh, we got mail today!!!!!  Jamie was So excited bringing in this box marked Hawaii (thank you Miss Laura!)

What a treat on this dreary pre-winter day!   This coloring book about kills me with cuteness....I almost wanted to save it for later for Me to color!!!!!  I mean seriously---it's just adorable, retro-y goodness!!!!!
I'll keep talking while you oogle some of the cutest pages!


I've almost been at the gym for a month now.....4 days a week....sweating like a mad woman....believe me, there's nothing pretty about working out!  (well, unless you're a cardio queen who runs her mile in a perfect outfit without sweating a drop)
So far, results have been ehhhh....not much progress scale-wise, but I have lost 6 inches here and there.   I know that is good, but grrr....a little drop in the numbers would sure be a nice confidence booster!
I have been driving Jim crazy (as usual!)....every time I find a new muscle "line" I have to show him...don't worry...it's all been arms and clavicles so far ;)   Seriously though, once I get rid of this fluffy layer I might be pretty ripped!
And on that note....hula girls ;)   I'm thinking I might have to start saving up and give myself a trip to the islands as a goal.....
I mean, how awesome would it be to swim with a friendly lei clad dolphin?  


Have a great Thursday...almost there to the weekend!   Stay warm if your one of the lucky ones in the frozen tundra here where the flakes are flying, but thankfully nothing's sticking!  (and if you're warm and sunny where ever you are...I don't want to hear it...just kidding...I'll wait to be snarky until January!)

5 comments:

Jules said...

Well, the "stuff" has been sticking to the ground here and while we toured the campus at Platteville yesterday. Not such a great pick of a day!

Love the stuffed animal you made and drooled over the Hawaii package. :) I got to hold a 9 month old over the weekend and kissed her cheeks even tho her mom wrote the book on germophobes! LOL!!

gottaluvboyz said...

Oh, dear that stuffed animal was too cute!!!! You did awesome!!! Love the coloring book...how fun:)

Michelle said...

You are so full of talent, Miss Shelly! Your Giraffe is adorable! I could never do that! Your goodies from Hawaii are adorable.

Stay warm and don't fret about the pounds not moving. You are building muscle and muscle is heavier than fluff. Hang in there toots!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby--and the retro coloring book is so cute.
Yes--muscle weighs more than fat. It's the measurement of inches that matters.

Pressed Petals said...

sorry i haven't read your blog i n awhle. you did a wonderful job on the stuffed animal.