Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hey Lucy, I'm Home!!!

I know today is father's day, but this is what has been on my heart (I do REALLy appreciate all that Dad's do...I've been so blessed by my Dad and now seeing Jim in that role with the boys!).

Lately, things have been rough. I thought that once Jim's classes where done, everything would fall into place...instead everything is literally falling apart! All at once things are breaking...I turn around and something else needs fixing! Nothing is going right and I am getting a little frustrated!!! Then to top it off, Jim's truck got broken into while he was on a call and they stole a bunch of his tools!!!

Yesterday I lost it!!! Why is all this happening?!?! Its not fair...wWHAAaa! Jim on the other hand has remaind amazingly calm through all of this....yes, I've been getting a lot of "LuuuCY!" looks ;)

One of the verses from church last night was Psalm 24:1

The Earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.

The brakes, hot water, the roof and yes, Jim's tools are all God's. He's got it all under His control! Nothing is too big for him! So why then do I turn from Him and stick my head in the sand when things go wrong?!?!? I haven't cracked my Bible in ages, haven't spent anytime dedicated in prayer...the answers are so simple, but yet I choose to do it the hard way!

Its like that episode of I Love Lucy where she is working in the chocolate factory but she can't keep up with the flow of candies! Why do I struggle to keep up with life's hectic onslaught when I can turn to the One whose got the controls!?!?

UGH! Thank you God for giving me a rational husband, who sees things for what they really are, not just what they seem to be in the heat of the moment!

No comments: