Thursday, October 27, 2011

Core--azy

I couldn't decide between the above title or Cardi-owwww....both are pretty fitting today!!!


No pics...I'll spare you the sweat drenched shirt routine or the running shoes...just imagine...no don't, just trust me ;)


Two weeks ago, I joined the local fitness center....and have lost my mind!!!


2.5 weeks, 4-5 days a week, 60-90 min of kick your behind cardio and strength training = over 6,000 calories burned!


Can you believe that?!?


I have earned Every Single one!  


Elliptical, rowing machine, weights, core circuits......sore muscles is an understatement!!!


I've graduated from walking 2 miles on the treadmill (which is a total waste of time...only burns like 300 cal) to jogging 3 miles on an elliptical (which burns closer to 800 cal!!!!).  2 months ago, I had just hurt my knee and I could barely walk a 45 min mile...now I'm doing 3 in that time (yeah, not fast..but I'll take it!!!)


Funny how now I'm a total calorie snob...not wasting my time sweating on a machine that's not going to pack a punch!!!!


Speaking of punches....ugh, I feel like I've been punched!  Yesterday I warmed up on the rowing machine...headed over to worked abs and then did a core circuit (25 sit ups, 25 squats, 25 push ups x 3)...by the time I got to that last set of push ups, I thought that I was going to die!!!!  Those last 15 push ups were killer..jello arms, whole body shaking...I am Going To DO it!...muttering "come on, come ON" under my breath...collapsing on the mat..only to look up and see a 20 yr old guy starring! LOL!!!  Yeah buddy..that was 75..keep on walking mister ;)


Getting stronger, faster, and just plain liking working out has given me a little head trip...first time that I did 3 miles on the ellip, I wanted to hop off the machine and go straight into Mary Katherine Galleger.....



SUPER STAR!

For those of you that know me...go ahead, chuckle...oh yes I did do it!  It's my new mantra, no star stickers on charts...nope...Super Star!  Whatever it takes baby, whatever it takes!!!!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Good job! I totally ditched running for the month. :( Surely, I'll try to fight the excuses for next week. *sigh*

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I'm proud of you!!!

gottaluvboyz said...

WTG...that is awesome!!! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Good for YOU! That core training is HUGE for your health and fitness! Push-ups are torturous, but the more you do them, man, you'll have Michelle Obama arms before you know it!

Lori said...

Yea Shelly! Keep it up! Of course, this is coming from someone who is sitting on their tush in front of the computer at the moment. :) Proud of you!