Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wrapping Up

I thought that I'd do a quick wrap up of the week.....early...because Saturday is Riley's birthday and things will get hectic quick!

Last weekend we went to a fall festival at the camp ground where my grandparents keep their rv.   What a blast---games (which Riley cleaned house), hay rides, smores---cool temps, but perfect fall day!

The past 2 days, I've been battling a stomach thing...not really flu, just yuck....maybe my stomach has turned into Seymour....Feed Me (twinkies ;))


Yuck, I hope that whatever it is passes quickly!!!

We just finished chapters 7 and 8 in Made To Crave....the past few weeks have really hit me hard on how we as women actually view ourselves.

We are God's beautiful craftmenship...a crown jewel...princesses......and Satan wants to keep that thought smashed down in the dust!

One of the questions for group was on a scale, place an x

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o  o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
my body is flawed                                                                     my body is a gift

Where would you rate yourself?   What if that same mark was placed by someone you loved?

UGH!  That would kill me!!!  

So, here's the real question:  why is it ok for us to have these feelings about ourselves....

I had this revelation that I'm a super cheerleader---I'll encourage you until the cows come home and then some.   But....when it comes to myself, I'm a total downer.   God brought the word self-loathing to mind the other day.  Yep, pretty much sums it up....I can't take a complement without down playing  or joking....

Just something else on the list of things that I'm going to have to work through on this journey....Hopefully that question made you think about how you view yourself too.

You are beautiful, the perfect handywork of the perfect creator!  God loves you exactly where you are---But--He also loves you too much to leave you where you're at!  

Grow in Him, Learn who you are through His eyes, and run with it!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am with you on how I view myself. Awesome post, Shelly!

Anonymous said...

It's so darn tough to be kind to ourselves. Satan feeds us a lie--and we're in God's image--we CANNOT be ugly!