Thursday, June 12, 2008

Do you feel older?

This has been asked to me for as long as I can remember by my mom and my grandmother each and every birthday. It has always made me laugh....like poof at the stroke of the clock I will get older! I can only invision the scene from Indiana Jones and the last Crusade where the guy drinks from the fake grail and then instantly shrivels up and turns to dust!


Jim is at class tonight so I am taking some birthday treats to my parents house where we will have a feeling 30 years old party!


First up is white chocolate wasabi cupcakes with a plum filling and white chocolate frosting. I got the recipe from The Cupcake Blog. They were ok, but I doubt that I would make them again. It's just fun to surprise people with the wasabi thing.....Waaaasaaabeeee!

The next treat was made possible by my friends Jose and Mango....I know you're jealous! I saw a recipe for a mango lime sorbet....got me thinking about brandy slush so I had to try it.

Here's my version:

2-3 mangos (I butchered the first one...tasted just fine with 2!)

1 cup water

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup lime juice

1/2 cup- 1 cup Jose Cuervo

heat the water and sugar until the sugar is disolved. Let cool. Cut mangos. Add in lime juice and shooosh them in your blender or food processor. Add in sugar water. Put in a freezer friendly bowl and freeze until solidish. Serve how ever you like: straight up or with some 7up...both are yummy! I tried a second batch with peaches (hilander had the greenest mangos I have ever seen), but the peaches didn't blend up as well as I had hoped for...little peach floaters are not my favorite!

No comments: