Thursday, June 5, 2008

Faithful, Ever Present Friend

Psalm 121

I lift my eyes up to the hills-
where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Isreal
will neither slumber or sleep.

The Lord watches over you-
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm-
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forever.

This is one of my favorite praise songs. A friend sang this song a lot and I can't help but think of them when ever I hear it....I sure could use a little dose of Joy right now!

Things still aren't spectacular here on the homefront, but I need to concentrate on looking to my Help. He never slumbers, his hand is always upon me. Right now in the midst of this mess it is so hard to look at the big picture. Yes times are tough right now, but what is God preparing us for through these things?

I'll post more when I get more insight....but for now know that you are LOVED! God loves you more then you'll ever be able to imagine. No matter where you are, He is still faithful in his mercy and love!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Glad to see that the clouds are clearing somewhat- at least in your spirit. When I am upset.. this helps me- some verses that stand out about your situation:

Psalm 37
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.


27 Turn from evil and do good;
then you will dwell in the land forever.

28 For the LORD loves the just
and will not forsake his faithful ones.
They will be protected forever,
but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;

29 the righteous will inherit the land
and dwell in it forever.

32 The wicked lie in wait for the righteous,
seeking their very lives;

33 but the LORD will not leave them in their power
or let them be condemned when brought to trial.

34 Wait for the LORD
and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are cut off, you will see it.

39 The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD;
he is their stronghold in time of trouble.

40 The LORD helps them and delivers them;
he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
because they take refuge in him.