Friday, March 19, 2010

A Couple Hour Retreat

Jim and I were able to sneak away for a couple hours today :)

It was a much needed escape.....well....first we had our taxes done...fun.fun.fun....and then I convinced Jim that since we were so close to Galena that we Had to go to Frank O'Dowd's for lunch! (well, actually..he was kind of sleeping so when I asked, he mumbled and I drove...and when he woke up we were already here..hehehe!)

Can I just say that I LOVE this place!!!!! If I could, we'd be here allllll of the time....great atmosphere and on the weekends there's live entertainment (usually little Irish dancing girls, but if you're lucky there could be a pub singer from the home country!!!)

I have to admit....I totally caved on the gaps diet today....I couldn't help it really...their Irish brown bread is soooooo gooooood!!!! And I may or may not have had a pint or two! (who can resist when you're sitting in a dark pub surrounded by Guinness and cider!)
Why Hello Lovely! This is my all time favorite----Black Velveteen----half and half Guinness and cider! YUM!
It was awesome having Jim trapped in the car for a couple of hours and a quiet lunch....we got lots of talking done, a few apps scheduled to be made and hopefully a clearer vision of where we want to be :)
Do you ever do that with your spouse? We all need mental health dates, where you just talk about everything and amazingly things come out and purposes develop....Love refreshed over pint glasses and bread...nothing better on earth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You definitely did that right! A little beer and pub grub can do magic on one's spirits!