Friday, September 4, 2009

The Cure For A Troubled Heart

Things, as usual, are really up in the air. Jim's jobs are looking bleak, but there are opportunities on the horizon. Each of those opportunities needs certain things done (like the possibility of moving soon....too soon for my sanity!). I focus on the fact that God is in control, He will open doors and clear paths on his timing. I'm just so used to "the waiting on the Lord" that I'm freaking out now that things seem to be rolling...fast!!! (What a silly girl am I?!?)

Today I came across this Psalm...for some reason, its completely new to me! How could I have never read it? I love the Psalms. They are medicine for my soul, a vicadin for my weary heart! Any way, Psalm 73 21-26:

When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,
I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And the earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.


Take heart my friends in knowing that God is with you, holding your hand, guiding you towards glory! These things of earth will fade...hold tight to the only lasting treasure of Christ Jesus!!!

No comments: