Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Went A Little Spray Crazy!

DIY Day @ ASPTL


So, it's DIY Day at Kimba's (follow the link on the box).

When out with Amber last week, I found this lantern thingy at Goodwill for $3! (hideous flowers but cute!). I had bought the black spray paint that Friday...and it sat...and sat...because the wind blew...and blew...until I couldn't take it any more!

Letterman was boring me to tears last night so I tore off the flowers (which of course were very well secured!), laid down my paint sheet, and sprayed the heck out of it...in our laundry room...way to cold to open the windows...yeah, not smart!I found this mirror in our garage, Jim had nabbed it from somewhere that I couldn't remember. It had a plastic gold frame...so that got a coat of the black spray paint too!Our armoire is in a corner, so hanging the mirror on the wall is out (and I want to hide those ugly rabbit ears a bit more).....I ended up gluing 2 bookends to the back of the mirror as a make shift easel. It would have worked great except I got impatient and put it up on the armoire before it was all the way dry...tore them right off the cheap paper backing of the mirror!!!! (going to gorilla glue it later)

Before:After: (I got the metal tree months ago at Goodwill...along with the books)....it still needed something.....so I threw on the $2 worth of mini gourds we got this weekend at a pumpkin patch. It's ok, but not totally there yet! What do you think..candles? I have some black and white photos of the boys, but would that be too much black and white? I'm also working on some "family" blocks to go in the middle.

I had picked up a set of 4 corbels at a garage sale last week...they got the rest of the can of paint!
Check back later to see what I did with them!!!!!

4 comments:

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Love that black mirror! Turned out so cute.

Thanks for sharing!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

it all looks very cute!

hmmm corbels! I wonder what you're going to do with them!

Anonymous said...

Very cute fall decor. Don't you just love spray paint!!

blessings
mary

the Provident Woman said...

It all looks so great! Good job