Thursday, May 1, 2008

Storms on the horizon

Storms are funny things...today was a sunny warm day and then all of a sudden, bam a cold front is going to swoop in and turn everything on its head....wind, rain, thunder and lightening, hail, maybe even tornadoes.

Life seems kind of like that right now. A couple of years ago things were going great. Jobs were secure, babies were wonderful, and married life was such a blast. It's strange how fast things get turned upside down. We get busy and loose sight of what really matters. Little things start to irriate, frustrations mount and tempers flare. Before you know it you're sucked into an up draft.

Right now I feel like we are getting whipped around in this hectic storm of life . I feel like we are getting pulverized by all of the flying clutter that we've allowed to build up. I need to calm down and trust in God to bring us through. I firmly believe that God is working in all of this. It just is so easy to focus on the situation. As we were driving home from getting dinner there was a song on the radio talking about how God never said it would be easy, but he won't leave us alone in the storm. Psalm 62 says: Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God, he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

So today, I am choosing to trust in Him who strengthens me...to find rest in God alone. We will get through this and we will be made stronger from our sufferings.

No comments: