Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Perceptence" part 2

...so my first post sounded more whiny then hopeful...so I deleted it....I can't control the things that happen to me, but I can control what happens to this blog :)

The last few days have been total, bottom of the barrel, junk days. Everything has seemed to go wrong, but I learned today that our perception can distort our reality. Which is soooo true. I let Satan swoop in and knock me flat on my face! In an instant, the things that I hold so tightly as truth were rushed out by a flood of doubt. Things like: who are you kidding, God's never going to come through in this...why bother if all that happens is we get knocked down....you're a bad mom and a naggy wife!

I was reminded at church that I don't have to see it to believe it. The answer might be completely irrational by this world's standards and yet, God can still make it happen in a big way! Therefore, I'm putting the past days' traumas behind me and counting on God to come through!

Jamie said that they learned about "perceptence" in church today....aka 9 year old version of persistence. His little lesson on such a big world really helped me see that even if I don't get answers right away, I need to persistently hold on to hope! Keep knocking and God will answer in some way, shape or form!

No comments: