Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 14..Oh. My. Goodness.....

Just finished Day 14  and I can hardly type....I know that I say this Every time..but..Whoooo!!!  


Today was killa arms and legs...K.I.L.L.A!!!


Stats:  3 rounds, 50 second interval


Tuck Jump Up and Over                                                                       17, 24, 20
(mod w/o bar..then w/o jump...gotta save the ol' knees)


Elevated Press Up w/ Knee Raises                                                     6, 11, 14
(2nd and 3rd rounds mod w/o Elevation)


Elevated Side Plank w/ Rt. Leg Lift                                                     18, 30, 30
(oh yeah right...funny..tried..not gonna happen..mod w/o elevation)


Elevated Side Plank w/ Lt. Leg Lift                                                      30, 26, 29
(mod w/o elevation)




Things have really been a struggle lately.  It feels like one thing after the other just keeps going wrong.   I've gone into survival mode...hadn't read my Bible in forever and a day....just couldn't get into it...my heart was hard, but that never helps.   Last week, I really made a good effort to spend a lot of time just seeking God.  Just trying to find the way out or a purpose for this all.   Life can really get frustrating and sometimes it's hard to see through the fog. 


Anyway...today I found such relief in Jeremiah 30-31.   If you're hurting or struggling, I really hope that you'll look those verses up!   God is here and always has been...waiting to show you that there is another side to your journey.  The valley is something we go through, not camp out and build a home ;)


Jeremiah 31:2-6 :


 The people who survive the sword,
will find favor in the desert.
I will come to give Israel rest.


The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:


I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
I will build you up again
and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel.
Again you will take up your tambourines
and go out to dance with the joyful.
Again you will plant vineyards 
on the hills of Samaria;
the farmers will plant them 
and enjoy their fruit.
There will be a day when watchmen cry out
on the hills of Ephraim.
'Come, let us go up to Zion,
to the Lord our God.'


I don't know about you, but I sure am ready to find some favor in the desert---and I'm more than ready to grab the ol' tambourine!!!!  I'm Ready to Dance with the Joyful!!!  


Just like in exercising, the weight of the things that we struggle with only makes us stronger!  whoot..beauty in the making :)


Have a great weekend..I'll be posting one more challenge tomorrow and then it's onto the last week!  I'm glad, yet will miss this challenge...hope that they will start another again :)

No comments: